Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The joys of the NHS

Today I had cause to visit an NHS clinic at a fairly large general
hospital. The website said that it was a walk in clinic and stupidly I
believed it. It was right in the sense that, strictly speaking, I
didn't need an appointment. However when I arrived at 5 I was told
there might be a bit of a wait, despite the almost empty waiting room.
No problem I thought, 45 minutes or even an hour is OK.

Over an hour and a half later I am still waiting. According to the
whiteboard in the waiting area there are 9 staff on duty, so how in
the name of frickin Chuck Norris does it take this long to be seen?
Why advertise it as a walk in clinic when they clearly can't organise
a walk in slot properly? I'd have happily made an appointment but the
website was quite glib in suggesting that there'd be no problem just
turning up.

So learn this lesson well - never, ever trust to sn NHS walk in
clinic, always book an appointment.

0 comments: