Sunday, December 16, 2007

I'm still alive

Although after last nights works do and then more boozing at another party afterwards, it's a close run thing. I feel like mildly tepid death.

There's been a stack of stuff I've thought about blogging recently but I just haven't gotten around to it. I may do one or two of them in the coming weeks, but I thought I might just share a few audio files that appeared on a blog that I read called Chase Me Ladies, I'm In The Cavalry. These audio clips are recordings of real calls made to the Cambridgeshire police 999 emergency line. The stupidity of these people has to be heard to be believed. I'm actually quite astonished any of them can remember to breathe. Anyway, here they are (all mp3 files which can be played directly from the link, no need to save them locally):

The crazy old lady

What is today's date?

There's pole dancing at number three

I can't find Homebase and I'm very distressed

Is there a hairdressers open in Cambridge?

The operators show a level of restraint and patience that is truly remakable in the face fo such mind-bendibgly idiotic people. I really hope that if I ever have a need to call for police assistance that I get one of these people because they appear to be completely unflappable.

0 comments: