Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What's on my mind?

Well you won't be surprised to learn that it's the world of romance,
or lack thereof. In the not too recent past I had everything I could
wish for and yet somehow I managed to fuck it up. Twice. Anyway, to
pinch the title of the classic war film, too late the hero, I finally
got round to admitting to the girl in question that actually I do love
her. Worse, she knew. Worse still, I left it too late and she's met
someone new. What an idiot. After all that moaning about being single
I had it all and then squandered it. Seriously, what planet are we men
on?

As I'm sure you you can guess, dear reader, I am not in a great frame
of mind now. I think it's fair to say you can probably expect a few
pretty depressing posts. I'm now going to go and put my head into the
oven.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Ouch. That's going to hurt. Not much advice to offer. Take a break, go somewhere new, get away, get pissed, binge on chocolate. Write letters to get your feelings into perspective, then burn them. In the meantime don't forget to reduce the temperature by 20° if you've got a fan oven.

Captain Flymo said...

Thanks for the temperature tip - it would be bad form to burn my corpse after all. I'd like to say this will drive the creative juices but the only creative juices I have generally come in a carton and get mixed with vodka.