Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hello? Still here?

Yes, I know, another hole the size of an open-cast diamond mine but it's my blog and I'll forget it periodically if I want to.

Actually, today is a good day as I have just embarked on ten or so days away from the office and have a few things planned which ought to keep me out of mischief and help relax me a bit. More on that in another post in the next couple of days.

For now, I am just going to say that I swear that I will never again write about the perils of internet dating. Not because it finally worked out for me (it didn't) but because I no longer need it. Yes, I am no longer single which rather buggers up the blog title, but fuck it. That said, the internet was involved but neither I nor my now girlfriend were looking for someone when we met and it wasn't on a dating site; it just happened, honest officer.

Suffice to say that I am currently feeling like a bit of a teenager which can only be a good thing considering yet another part of my body has finally given way (right knee, cartilage tear). To paraphrase some comedian, I forget who, these days I can be injured by air. I go to sleep fine and wake up injured. Sheesh. Anyway, I'm cock-a-hoop at the moment and long may things stay that way. I promise to remain my grumpy, vitriolic and curmudgeonly self on here though as this is where I wring out my spleen. Eugh. Sounds grim.

Currently Listening To: The Wombats - A Guide To Love, Loss and Desperation

0 comments: